19 September, 2007

Bruxism


Oh Boy!!

Seen the dentist to day - a little scary because of a year break of seing one.

I was ok. My teeths are healthy. AND THOUGH not good.

Turnes out that I am grinding my teeth during sleep and that´s gotta stop.

My dentist asked alot of quaestions or more like statements and in the end she took some nices pic. of my teeth and showed them to me.

Now I could see why she made all those questions( or statments).

I am grinding my front teeth, folks!

Bruxism comes from greek and means : gnashing of teeth.

Sounds awfull.

Studys shows that 30-40 mill. americans have this problem.

It is most likely it comes from stress.

Well I guess moving to a new country is stress full!

Symptoms can be: facial pain, abraded teeth, oversensitive teeth ( I hate cold or too hot in there),

Tense facial and jaw muscles( I have some), headaches( some of that too) , damage on the teeth enamel ( that too), tongue indentations, damage to the inside of the cheek( I have that one too).

Oh, my!!! Well it turnes out ( of course) that it can be helped( against some costs) by wearing a nightguard. A night guard is a piece of plastic uset to cover and prevent the teeth from coming together while sleeping at night. Hello you sexy thing- what do you think my man will say.. I just send him to the same dentist and maybe ( if I am lucky) he will end up with the same cute smile as mine.

But the most important thing is when the plastic piece is in use it provides a correct bite so that muscles will relax and problems in a persons bite will not trigger the bruxing action.

So far so good, but it made me realize that I have to work some stuff through.

And try to NOT to WORRY so much about us living here in US.

The kids are pretty good at making you feel guilty about moveing over here and points out all the good stuff in Denmark.

The truth is that there are good and bad in both countries. I was planing on trying Yoga, so maybe this is the time to try it out.

No comments: