27 November, 2007

Odin and his Billy-Goats and Magic



This morning the nature showed us a spectacular light. Mrs. Sun showed up after last
nights thunder & lightning & rain.
We Vikings says that the ancient God Odin
(form Nordic Myhtology) took a ride with his Billy-goats and threw the hammer so the
Lightning would apear.

I like the old Nordic Mythology stories.
I think it made me to who I am and
found the Viking inside of me.




After all I am from the "Old country" of gods, kings and knights

Look at the black sky and how stubborn the sun is. It was magic for a few minutes this morning.








Therefor, as the weather got even worse last night, we made homemade rolls with raisins and cardamom. Mmmmm they were delightful and full of memories of other rainy nights and the cosyness of being inside and enjoying your family , tea and knitting and even a film.
As last nights film was Harry Potter 3.
Did I say it was raining? It was poring down.
The boys do now play with chopsticks as magic wands and pretend that they are among all the wizards at Hogwards. My youngest had his wand under the pillow and slept sweetly without any disturbans from crazy beasts he had to deal with and spirit away.






Yeah..... made banana cake as well..
the bananas were almost to ripe and just perfect to bake a good cake.




The "Duckfeets" is ready to warm my wrists.
They are fun making and I want to knit some more.
The patteren comes from Tora at http://www.knittingalot.blogspot.com/
Thanks for sharing. The patteren is in english.








2 comments:

cathy said...

Oh, how I love this post! I read and loved some of those Norse myths as a young girl. Thank you for the stormy skies and the reminder of those wonderful stories.

Tora said...

Enjoy the wristwarmers, they look great! I miss the ones I gave away, so I'll need to buy some more cashmere some day, and make my own pair!