The oldest son came home from Denmark yesterday and this is what I found on the couch this morning. The youngest one getting up and ready for school and the oldest jetlacked and couldn´t sleep any longer.
I think there is no doubt that they been missing each other. They just pretend to sleep on the pic.. And the youngest does not want to smile on pic. these days because of the lack of teeth!! He is loosing one pr.month and the tooth fairy has trouble keeping up --
Some christmas baking has been done too. Here is the big gingerbread cookie job . I tried a new recipe this year and they turned out very good. The best ever.
I just have to remeber too write down the little piches of cardamom and cloves I included.
I love those spices.
The ginger bread cookies need some decoration- at least some of them.
I also had to bake my favorite of all the christmas cookies and that is the norwegian " skriver fruens" - a dow of coco and lots of sugar and butter.
It has ( for me at least) the flavor of christmas since I was a child..My grandmother alway baked them and my mother too. We do all have those favorite smells and tast´s that brings up memories of long time ago childhood.
2 comments:
Those look good. :) My husband's family is part-Norwegian, so we have kringla at Christmastime.
I love the look of your cookies, would you share the recipe?
Post a Comment