31 January, 2008

I guess this is winter

Thursday knitting is always joyful and inspirering and engery giving time.
Catching up on projects and, get advice and lots of laughter. Thanks girls! You are as always good company
Yesterday was yakki-di - yak to wake up to.
This is how it looked like. Grey sky , windy and very rainful. Would really want some snow, but I guess this is the winter we have this year.
Lucky we have raincoats, umbrellas and a water proof car with heated seats ( which I didn´t have in Denmark:-))
This is our town on our way to school. At a day like this it is very important to come to school at the right time.. we ( we: is my son) dont want to wait out in the cold for very long. Poor guy- he knows the stories about mom that biked to school for 3 km. in rain, with the wind, in snow(storm- no snow days back then up in the cold of nothern Norway), with our heavy back-packs and so on....
Most families back then had ONE car and that car took daddy to work... the rest of the family walked, biked or what ever had wheels.






Must say that the sun came out later, but O´Boy did we almost got blowned away by stormy winds.
Did finnish Viktor´s socks...
Made in very affordable Patons: classic wool , bought at Michels
YES! They are exactly as I want them to be!! Not too tight and a little stiff !!?!???
Signed off with a kiss on moms face.
What more can a mom want: a son who kisses her and loves her knitting. I am so lucky.
See this Cactus ? She decided to bloom- all she needed was a new home.. thank you cactus for looking so pretty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life was tough in Norway. LOL. We were never driven to school. I always walked or cycled. Here in England most kids are driven to school. Mine walk most of the time.