29 February, 2008

Ice- Cream already?

Looks like ice-cream rigth? Filled with orange, raspberry and peache.
This is Febuary yarn packed from one skein of the month/ Webs
It is a skein from Fiesta Yarns- it is called Swoon and is a blend of 55% extra fine merino wool and 45 % Silk. It runs 225 yards per hank.,

This very soft, hand died yarn is calling out to me, BUT unfortunatly the pattern this month is nothing I will knit.. Another scarf, but I find it boring.. not my style..
So I am browsing books and internet.
I sure will find something . There are a couple of idea's in my head I am thinking of, buuuuut I am not sure.

This is the work I did on the Noro sockyarn sock..
It is coming out nicly. Better than I thought, actually. I dont like the yellow in it though, I am helplessly a blue person... like surten yellows, but not so soft and golden..
I'l just put them in my gift box.. bet somebody will enjoy them.
the pattern is super easy- but I had to change from bamboo needles to metal!!!!!!
The yarn is so "unspun" and rough and was not at all sliding on the needle. It was rather impossible to knit with bamboo. The yarn got stuck on the needle and alot of pulling in stiches. Not good.
After the switch to metal it went on more smoothly.
I had to rip some of it... the heel was not working for me- got too big.
A do-over-heel and now I just have to finnish it!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What lovely yarn! I can't wait for it to arrive over here :)
I didn't know that Noro had a sock yarn...

Anonymous said...

Så mye fint du har i bloggen din, og takk for hyggelig kommentar hos meg :o)

cici said...

I like the colorway.. but i agree with you.. the yellow doesnt seem to fit...