04 February, 2008

One WIP

Skein of the month club.Remember this?

Well ,, this months yarn from sheep shop yarn company (http://www.sheepshopyarn.com/) is a promise of Spring with its bright green colour.
The colour is soft and spotty. First I have to find needles.. problems in the needle-box and I ended up picking out a pair of needles I bought many years ago.. They are circulars split in the middle and the ending is a wooden bead- but they are awfully curly and been like that ever since purchased them.
I made a decision on putting them in boiling water for a second or two, and

Woila!!!!! Now curly needles are strait needles ready to work for me.


But first the yarn had to take a trip om my wheel. Fast it goes


and in a minutes I am ready to knit. The next day it looked like this. It is 30 % silk and 70% wool and is a dream to knit.
Pattern is easy to memories- but during the knitting I kept wondering who else joined the skein of the month club and what colours they got.
Anyone?
Would be fun to compare in other colours.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful yarn. Never heard of this club. Must investigate further.

Torhild Reidardatter said...

The skein of the month club is from
Webs- Americas yarn store....
through interweave press newsletter in December.

Anonymous said...

Du er kunstner. Bildene er flotte og strikkingen artistisk . Du burde lage en kombinert interiør, design og strikke bok.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

The yarn is gorgeous. I plan on looking into this club.

cathy said...

Oh, what beautiful yarn -- it looks even better knit up than in the skein! Pretty stitch pattern, too.

DianaZ said...

I received the same green color as shown in the pattern photo. While it is gorgeous yarn, I envy your variegated. The green is not the best color for my complexion or personality. But I guess it's time to start knitting for the 2008 gift giving season. I can always knit a second scarf using a color more suitable for me.

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Hi DianaZ.
Thanks for commenting- I do like the colour, but the type of scarf my not be my first pick if I had several to chose from- I agree- always nice to have some finnished objects in the gifts box-
do you have a blog? I could not get through to you? Hopefully you read this again-
Would be nice to see your leaf scarf-Beate

DianaZ said...

You can reach me at dkzesq@comcast.net. I have no blog nor am I at this time interested in beginning one, though an avid reader of the knitting blogs of others. I too am in NJ, Union County.