19 March, 2008

Lost and found

Not much knitting going on these days.. seems like I am destrakted on other hand all the time.Not a stich in 6 days.!!
I do knit with knitting body , Erin, tomorrow and hopefully some peacefull knitting and chatting will be done. I am feeling other projects luring me.. mittens maybe.


My sons Pirates- mittens got lost - AGAIN..
first time last spring when it all was packed away until fall . One got tucked away and was found when we moved into this new house in january..
second time two weeks ago.. we al know the surch in " lost & foud" boxes in vary places such as school basements.
I wanted to rush down there to find it, but some learning had to be put in place.
The kid had to search for him self for a couple of days to see if he could find them.
Feel the frustration ( the one I feel) when something gets lost.
Together we digged in yesterday and hay! we found the lost one..
( usually only one gets lost, why is that?- like the sock syndrome in w.machine-)
Now I want to knit some cool mittens for my little niece - in cool girlish colours, in the same Pirate- pattern..

the pattern can be found on Ravlery and is for free.
This is what I found in Ikea Foods yesterday. Vinegar!!
Doing some shopping with a newly -found danish friend. We decided to" knit" together a danish Easter lunch for our families and the best place to get Herring, Salmon, ryebread and such is at Ikea Food.
All the food stuff is in place, but I also spottet these two bottles.. one is Wild berry Vinegar , which contains Blueberry, Lingonberry and Juniper berry. This mix has a taste sensation of the roughness of the lingonberries and the softness from the blueberries. This vinegar is made of a base of a wildberry wine called Jakt ( Hunting!)
AND Cloudberry Vinegar!!! How cool is that.. a vinegar with the same name as my Blog.. well anything which contains cloudberry will carry the name , but still. This vinegar is made of Cloudberry wine and aged with swedish oak. But how cute is this..
Supose to be really good in salads, sauces and marinades. Gonna try it out soon.



Marts months yarn from Webs one skein club came yesterday.
This time it is a blend og 50% Alpaca ( so,so soft) and 50% wool.
They sendt me 50 gr. It is called Stockbridge of Valley Yarns. The colour is Red Purple.. a good one..the yarn is made in Peru.
Pattern this month was a mini og maxi Clutch.
Again I am not sure... seems like waste of yarn doing this project since I would not use it.
So again I am thinking about maybe a couple of wristwarmers in a nice lace pattern.
I figure something out- don´t I always?
I also got Webs catalog of yarns . This time with alot of organic fibers.

While I remeber : go to check out Mette at Erle Perle ( see side blog scroll). She made some work doing Hexagone in some lovley fabricks.. a very cute spring bag it turned out to be.


Come on Moms!!! this is "The Book" for all frustrated moms thinking of not getting enough veggies in to the meals of our loved ones.
This book is so cool you wouldn´t believe it.
What about macaroni and Cheese w/ ( hold on now) - butternut squash and cauliflower!!
or Mozzarella sticks w/cauliflower or chocolate pudding w/ avocado. Lemon raspberry cupcakes w/ yellow squash and beets or the favorite among young and adults: Brownies w/ carrot and spinach.!! Yeah.. it is so true.
She, Jessica Seinfeld ( yes the wife of Jerry Seinfeld!) , and a mom of 3 invented a bunch of recipes of all our favorites mixed in with different veggie purees.
Jessica, as us all, want our kids to have nutritious meals and not have to spend time around the table begging the kids to eat their vegetables with protests and listening to the complaining about food being "disgusting".
This one is a keeper. I will start trying the recipes on my family and smile like Jessica do. Because I dont think they eat enough eather.. and how cool to hide it in aBrownie?? Want a snack kids?


We did alot of stuff past this week-end . Getting the big brother home was good for the boys.

Celebrating a 8 birthday. Lots of lego in the house agian- we´re building Star Wars inferno!!
one other thing was standig outside for one hr. on a very windy sunday,watching daughter ride and jump that beatiful horse.
They are such a good match, those too.
Millie ( the horse) does as its told by a very firm , but gentle rider..
I am so proud of her.. and she is mine. I made her.

1 comment:

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Another beautiful post Beate. I am glad your son appreciates his skull mittens enough to search for them. He'll learn. The red-purple yarn is gorgeous. I'd love to see that cabled up. Those vinegars are to die for. The next time I'm around an Ikea, I will look for the Cloudberry one. Both sound delish !!!