The yarn is homebreath, homespun but not by me.
I purchased it years ago at my knitting guield yearly meeting. It is merino wool mixed with silk- yes it has a wonderful sheen to it. The wool has colors in greay, yellow, light green- orange, burned terracotta and pinks..
Mixed in with some plain yellow sockyarn from Froehlich, the color came out quiet different-rather than with the multicolor yarn alone.
The edge is crochet- two rows of plain stiches-
The mittens will fitt a child 2-4 year.
The hat is inspired by a picture I have showing great colors in all red, orange,pink,yellow-I also fancy that inka look- or tibetian look.
It is worked from top- to bottom earflaps.
I did increasing until I had 88st.( 22 st. x 4 nl)
The rose / circle in front I made just playing around with shape and size.
3 comments:
This is so pretty and well done.
Very lovely, Beate!
Lovely hat and mittens. and the yarn is beautiful. I keep spinning but haven't knitted much with my handspun yet. so very inspiring to see stuff knitted in handspun yarn.
Post a Comment