31 August, 2008

A new start

New Jersey , USa, June 26: Packing of container....40 feet almost filled up.


Arrival in Denmark August 8. " Oh, Happy day!"
A long day passed. I unpaced and unpacked for a whole week-end. Lucky for me and the kids they do have good friends( with understanding parents) they could stay with so their busy Mom could get the family stuff unpacked.
It was important for me to get unpacked because school started monday 11 August. Important to have a family home, a place to come home to after school, bringing friends and play around.A place that is welcoming and feels home.
It worked. We made it. We are settled. I started my job two days later as a sub teacher in the local school- ( I´ve been at work everyday since:-)).
Love being back at work. I have missed my job very much. Almost the same staff as I left two years ago- kids the same, just a bunch of new little ones in kindergarden and first grade.

1 comment:

cici said...

aww so glad everything is working out so well. It was a long way to go. Nice to be able to still connect from where ever you are:D