23 November, 2008

EZ baby sweather and half mittens.

Winter wonder-land.
For a breefe moment - not long.
It is still below zero Celsius, but in a couple of days the rain will again come and wash all of the magic away.
During a visit in Norway I was bored beyond everthing and went down to the local yarn store and got my self a crochet hook and some yarn. My suitcase ended up in Gothemburg, Sweeden( where my knitting was!!!:-(((
These mittens are crochet in single crochet and in the back loop- all in a spiral.
Aprox. 30 chain stiches- hook 6mm.and yarn to match the hook.
The yarn is from Marks & Kattens, 100% wool and called Sarek.
Runs 50 m on 50 gr.. thick......
.... and perfect for this job.
I like them .

When I reached the thumb I added 7 chain st. and jumped 5 single st.
Crochet another 3 - 4 cm.


Next is some baby booties. I found them at Knitgirls blog( thanks for the pattern)
I use the Norwegian wool Sisu. It´s a mix of 70 % wool, 19% nylon and 4% ply met.
It have a shimmering silver thread. The booties is quickly made on 2 needles- will finish tonight-

The EZ baby sweather is done/ ready/ finished. It´s not blogged yet.
some small white buttons and a little peak.....


More pictures will follow - when the little girl is born TOMORROW!!
Not everyone is so lucky to say that one is to deliver a baby monday 24 of november at 7.45.am!!!
My thoughts is with my girlfriend and her husband. I wish her a great labour.
Hi,hi,,, I am so excited for her..

7 comments:

bea's blog said...

.·:*¨¨*:·.
Herlige bilder igjen -
nydelige pulsvanter!
Du ha massevis super ideer.
Tenker snöen er borte igjen?!?
Var ogsa pa besök hos Gooseflesh!
Det var jo helt spesiellt a se da; var bare overveldet....
Kveldsklem fra
Beatrice

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Ja den dame på Gooseflesh er helt vild med de plastik garner...fantastisk

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Ja den dame på Gooseflesh er helt vild med de plastik garner...fantastisk

Deborah said...

wow, crochet mittens are actually nice but Beate, anything you set your crafty hands to is a work of art!

Carolyn's Miscellaneous said...

Very nice fingerless mitts and the baby sweater is beautiful !!!

Anonymous said...

what lovely colours you always choose for your knitting - it is all really pretty and those mittens look warm! Good luck to your friend and her husband

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Thank you all for comments. The crochet mittens is great( and warm) - want to make more.