04 November, 2008

Today....

..... or this afternoon I went for a walk.
A mix of necessity and urdge to get milk , bread and a packedge at the postoffice.
Walking through town I passed our old church.
It´s built in 1658 and rises up above the town on the highest point in the area.
I passed beautiful trees in fall colors.. mostly they are yellow ( especially the birch)
and these are in light green, yellow and this pink/ lillac color.
This is red and green Beech in the most spectacular deep colors

Mmmmm it brightens up the street and my mind

The packedge was from Barnes & Nobles. Some books and a almanac of 2009 .
It is Nicky Epstein who put her work of flowers in this almanac- lovley small and all kinds of flowers to knit and crochet.

Other was three books- one for my daughter and two for me.
I especially look forward to read The Miracles of Santo Fico, recomended by a friend.

INext after knitting I love to read- not as much as I would like to, but still reading every day.
I always have one on my nightstand and read every night when I go to bed- sometimes only 6 lines before I fall asleep. So tired sometimes.

5 comments:

pompa said...

Fantastic pictures Beate.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Beautiful pictures again. The Beech tree colors and awesome. I hope I run into that Nicky Epstein calendar book myself.

bea's blog said...

Hei!
Elsker din ny header pic - elsker denne votter.... :)
Ha en super helg!
~ ♥ ~
Klemz fra Tyskland
Beatrice

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Tak Beatrice.
Kan nu godt lide at flytte rundt på tingene en gang i mellem.
Og ja vanterne er suveræne og tak i lige måde- hyg dig med week-enden.

Torhild Reidardatter said...

And thanks to all of you giving out kind words.. Thanks.