A lot of you people may have a profile on Facebook as me.
I joined almost a year ago and over the last couple of months I have been discussed with my self wether it was worth the time or not.
I kept in touch with girlfriends in NJ, usa, that was fun. I found co-workers from my very first hairdresser job in Oslo. Fun? Yes!!
And why did I feel guilty not using it more than I did? Well, because I was not as good in being in touch as my friends were.
Felt I did not have the time.
I have account in Flick, Ravelry, Blogger and couple of emails and I think thats more than enough. I much rather write in my blog and knit.
Will I miss Facebook? NO!
Thats why I instead will put my face in a book instead and stop feeling guilty for not checking my account at facebook twice a week ( once a month was more likely and that was just because somebody poked me or wrote on my wall.)
My friends have my email and most of them know about my blog, so thats why I say bye , bye facebook. Will not be missed. Fun while it lasted.
And thinking about it I much rather spend the time in real world.
Call my friends or meet with them instead of pretending spending quality time on the internet.
By the way: The book I´m reading is a christmas gift from my kids, Paulo Coelho " Na margem do Rio Piedra au sentei e chorei" or something like this in english " At the River Piedra I sat down and cried".
Very good and lots of questions keep coming up in my head everytime I read a few pages.
I guess thats why I think its good.
4 comments:
Facebook, what is it good for? Absolutly nothing!
So I did the same. I deleted my acount a couple of months ago. Have I missed it? No f***'n way.
I rather spend time flirting with my lovely girlfriend :-)))
Good for you, I do blog but have not even considered facebook or myspace. I have actually stayed in touch with friends that matter to me the old fashioned way. Chances are if we're not still in touch.... I don't want to be. Sounds harsh maybe, but I am a gal who believes in moving on and surrounding yourself with people you genuinely care about.
I could not agree more with both of you.
I have a face book, because my daughter made my account. I never use it. I have enough with my blog and ravelry to keep me busy
Post a Comment