I had to knit something else and with some color.
My surch for a pattern to fit my wishes I ended up doing several swatches/ frogging- but ended up with this Scandinavian sun wheel pattern.
From the book Knit in the nordic traditions I found this old wheelThis is the Sun sign- it is called Rok- a pattern coming from the Faroe Island .
It´s going to be mittens. I love the pale, baby blue and the red & white together.
I had my eyes on a pair of mittens in the Folk Mittens- the laplandish mittens. But pattern on the laplandish mittens is for much thinner yarn and came out giga in the Valley Yarns Stockbridge ( 50 %Alpaca/50% wool- 50 gr. 109 yards)- so I had to did deeper , think harder and it paid off- I have a good feeling about these pair.
4 comments:
I am also very happy about the outcome of the plane crash. Thank God everyone made it out.
I love this pattern, I would love to knit something this beautiful. Can't wait to see it finished
Så flotte votter du har begynt på. Nå har jeg lest og kost meg lenge i bloggen din, du skriver godt og nært.
Har ikke vært her før, så dette var nytt bekjentskap for meg.
Mvh, Torill:-)
I love that book! I have the English translation version, and it's such an inspiring knitting book to get you thinking. Are those going to be mittens?
Oh, yes ! I´m sorry- mittens.. did I forget to mention that? I blame it on the last week- busy as h....Yesterday was a very typical T.G.I.F.... thank god it´s friday.
Post a Comment