21 February, 2009

Winterbreak

winterbreak in Denmark- winterbreak in Norway...
All the same we had snow both weeks. Lots of it.
During this winter, blue afternoons, light fades along with daylight.
Beatiful blue light outside ( just minutes before actually darkness comes along)- and cosy inside.
The only problem is the light is fading inside as well.
Yous see at my boyfriends house there is almost no light.
Well, there is light , but hardly light enough for a long time knitter.
I´ve been polite not complaining too much, but it was obvious when I had to put down my knitting because I couldn´t tell which stiches from which.
After some days in my winter break I made a trip visiting my sister and after a couple of glasses of wine I blured out my problem.
Turnes out she has the same problem when she visits her friend.
what to do, what to do???????
Obviously some freinds never had to worry about women who knits NEED decent light. Not their faulht really. They just need to be told ( we did so- I expect there will be better knitting light from now on)
Suddenly my sister rememberd something.
My nephew had a headlight!!!! ( When skiing in Norway this can be very handy specially since it gets dark pretty early in the afternoon- but handy for many other things too- such as when knitting)
What a brilliant idea!
And it works too!!! Not that sexy to look at- not that uncomfortable to wear, quiet easy to put put on and wear.
Now I know what my birthday wish will be.....!!!!!

.... eventhough it´s not that elegant.

Gosh!!! We did laught alot that night!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Fikk meg en god latter, men kanskje det ikke var så dumt. Vi sitter jo i dunkel belysning mange av oss. Det var iallefall gøy å le litt.
Takk for boktips. Har lest en bok av P.C "alkymisten"

Wolkenjägerin said...

Brilliant idea! I can see this becoming a new trend in the knitting world - a "knitting in public" in the dark ;-)
Seriously, I think this could also eliminate the "shadow" problem I occasionally have with my spot light here. I used to be a LARPer, we used them as well in grottos for safety.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a good idea. Anything to keep knitting. I love lots of snow in Norway. Unfortunately we didn't have any when we went for christmas but they have lots now apparently.

CiCi and CAJtalk said...

omg... I am totally going to get me a headlamp.. perfect for late night or early morning knitting♥