Busy days, lazy days.
Fall breake is here. For school kids and lucky people working in schools( like me and Ruta ) we have a whole week off. Just perfect.
The first couple of days is spendt in over whelming feeling of endless freedom.
Monday comes with the joy of NOT getting up at 6.15 am!!! but can sleep in - at least for an hour more or so :-)
Getting up to a silent house. Kids still in "coma" and time to myself for a quiet coffee , morning news and few rows on my ordinary plain socks.
Thoughts about the day and how this day will end.
The sky was like this today, tuesday, and I had some appointments to attend to during the day.
My first appointment was with a municipal counsler ( psychologist ) to clear some things with her about my 13 year old ADHD.
My dear son is acting out and frankly a bit too much. Meaning he is putting my parental judgments and raising to a fail. Neglecting our appointments for the day and neglecting the fact that he needs to take his medicin.After a month with medications we now face aprox. how much he needs to cope for one day.
It´s been a slow ride towards a calmer and much more enjoyalble kid.
BUT.... there is always a buts- We kind of seems to be in a eval cirle him and I.
Meaning he want´s to rule and set the agenda.
It culminated sunday after a saturday in tears ( thats me:-(
Enough is enough!!! After weeks where he neglected my calls on his cell, staying out hours after agreed time- i did something which was crusial regarding to his everday life:
I phoned in and had his cell closed!! Told the company that he had misplaced the phone and it can only be opended if I called in with the right code-word.
He of course freaked out- yelled and ran out in the cold. Okey I thought: this is how my day will be. But he surprised me and came back after 15 min. and was ready to talk.
After a short explanation I told him that this is it: He had to pay attention to his family, be at home at the time agreed, answer the phone when I called, come home for dinner and to come home for his medication!!!
He has to prove to me for 3 days that he can follow these rules- otherwise he will not get his phone. Of course we talked back and forth. I explained and I believe he understood the importens of trying to keep him safte.
I don´t know about all the kids , but my sons phone bips ever other second!! All those kids who wants to get hold of him, and he gets even more stressed out because of all the "friends" he needs to know where they´re at. It ´s been peacefull and quiet for 2days now- Feels soooooo gooood. and my dear son is more relaxed.
How this will end on friday I don`t know, but if he doesn`t handle it ok when he get`s his phone back I just shut it down again. My choise :-)
Regarding to picture I found this little fellow close to a creek. The nothern wind blew rough and cold , but it wanted to live.
I brought him home for a warm place in the sun- but as you probably know poppies dies after a few hours indoors.
1 comment:
Must be so hard Beate, to know what's the right thing to do so you teach him to be safe, to be responsible, but still giving him the freedom that every 13 year old craves. I was reading your post with admiration. I'm sure you and him will get there in the end, together.
Post a Comment