16 February, 2010

A winter break moment.


Out side its cold. For the most good weather, just cold. Inside varm and cosy. Warm coffee , knitting and Olympic games.
Frost roses climbes the walls and makes it look so pretty.

Outside lights grew longs strings of frost spikes. The sky was blue and clear and the Easter feeling came to me. Sitting in a corner , no wind, and feel the sun warm my face. Easter: Snow, sun, hot choclate, orange, bonfire in the snow, grilling a hot dog..... skiing, fresh air..... Easter in Norway.

A while ago ( fall time) I knitted a bunch of these coffee cosies.
What I haven´t shown you is what I did with them. I did post about them, but that was before I felted them and played along with sewing on them.

This one was one of the christmas gifts I gave TB. I knitted a hole for the front for pouring.
A hole in the back for the handle-
I had to crochet an edge around these holes, then

the rest pretty much did it self. I played along with the idea and the result is not that bad.
I found an old leather button ( had to be a masquline look...) and the owner is satisfied with the outcome ( me too......) I will show you the rest of the cosies when I get back to Dk next week.

February has it´s moments: Only 28 days, usually we see more of the sun, see the first sign of spring. We do have Valentine, Mothersday in Norway and in Denmark we celebrate a Carnival. A kind of Halloween thing, only its a mix of nordic traditions of celebrating the spring and summer to come, the soil to give us all what we need to eat, and a feast due to the church calander.
The Carnival / Fastelavn is 40 days ( always) before Easter day- During this period( In the old days ) people did not eat meat( only bread, water and fish) and "Fastelavn" is the celebration that goes ahead of these 40 days.
To day is for instant is called" Fat Tuesday" - tomorrow Ash Wednesday.Anyway: Fastelavn sunday we eat Fastelavn bunns or rolls( a butter doug ) filled with vanilla cream , whipped cream (mmmmmm).
Also there was mothers-day this past sunday too, and I woke up to this:

freshly made coffee, a warm homemade Chocholate fundant( It has a shell of baked doug and a chocholate gue inside which floates out on the plate when the first bite is taken..mmmmmmm),
a bunch of red roses and this beautiful oval blue cheramic plate, made by Acanthus. BF did a good bargin on this one at a used market.
On top of all mothering celebration & fastelavn it was Valentin as well.
What a day. Need I say I had the best day in best company :-)

4 comments:

Felisi said...

Herlig kaffekannetrekk, den ser veldig søt ut med klær på. jeg fikk litt eskimoassosiasjoner ;)
Kos deg videre med OL og strikking!

Unknown said...

Superfint og så fin farge og knapp.
Neste fredag før vinterferien har vi karneval på skolen. Foreldrene baker boller og div. Elevene kler seg ut og danser seg gjennom alle klasserom og selvfølgelig lærerene også.:))

cici said...

Happy Mothers Day to you!!. Sounds like you had a ball. I love the covert thingy. What do you call it. I have something for you on my blog♥

Karen said...

Wonderful and interesting entry. Love your coffee pot cover! I've never seen one before!