
In 2 days my son on 13½ will have his communion/ confirmation in church.
Friday is official holiday in Denmark- and around here the Big Day for all the 13 to 14 year old kids. Andreas is my third kid through this event and being "3 time around communion mom" this event is pretty calm . Everything is set to go- last final touch on some clothes, flower to be picked up tomorrow and some stuff that really is last minute work.
Still I´m hoping for a calm day with nothing out of the ordinary- still some tentions around my divorce and x-family. But my little sister will be there as aunt to my son as moral support for me :-)
I must admit I will feel much more calm when this day is over. I hope to cover my personal feelings and that Andreas will have the most perfect day . And that is what matters, right?
5 comments:
Lykke til med den store dagen. Det går helt fint. Dessuten begynner du å få trening nå. klem fra meg. :))
of course it will be perfect, because you are there with him, always - he knows that, when you are standing next to him, or far away, you are together in spirit... that's the way it is with kids & moms! Hurrah for you, and the day will be perfect for you & your sister as well - Bravo for your sister being there with you, too - we are all with you in spirit!!!
It remains a difficult situation with divorced parents doesn't it, any family occasion. Hope he has a lovely day though.
It sounds like your head is in the right place. I really understand. I had to do my children's bar/bat mitzvahs with my ex-husband. I did the same things you are: making sure I had moral support and putting the kids first. I know you'll have a wonderful day! Let us know how it goes.
You are a great mother, putting Andreas' feelings before your own. Too bad a lot of other parents don't love their children enough to do that. Hope you can enjoy the day despite the tension. Sounds like you're lucky to have the sister you do.
Post a Comment