08 March, 2011

Oooooh , where to begin??


Hugh , big slippers before felting.
knitted a while ago and never seemed to find it´s way to the washer.
Yesteday they did- and today they´re finished with a crochet flower and and a button.
A well fitted pattern
Yarn is Àlafoss Lopi. 100 gr.= 109 yd.
Colour is pale blue
Needles 7mm.
Super to felt with.
The pink crochet flower is also Àlafoss Lopi- only much thinner.
New socks for my youngest. Yarn from stash is Raggsokgarn ( lokal supermarket yarn) and Viking sports ragg( purchased in Norway ) The ligher one is a mix of white, light grey and pale blue.
Needles are 4mm.
A super duper quick knit. Perfect for telly watching.
Toe shaping is a star-decrease.
I also purchased something else the other day.
3 bags of embroidery yarn. 70 dolls in total.
Sooooo cheap you would not bellieve it.
A close up.
Great colours right?
And bargins just comes along this week.
Bamboo needles. 6 sets of double pointed needles in sizes: 3mm,4mm,5mm,6mm,7mm &8mm.
They are 5,5 cm longer that my regular sets,( which is 20 cm) , which will be good when knitting hats since I hate the small/short circular ones. It aces my hands and wrists knitting with the short narrow ones.
Also 6 p. of circular - 80 cm long - same mm as the dbl. p. ones.
The rest of my afternoon will be to get a good cup of tea and organice my knitting basket.

5 comments:

Cybèle said...

Love the stripy socks! and I know what you mean about short circulars - I can't get on with them either - uncomfortable things!

corazon said...

The felted slippers look so cute!
What pattern is it?
Also lovely striped socks.

Petra

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Yes- the short circular needles are probably invented by a man ;)

Torhild Reidardatter said...

To corazon: The link is here:
http://ullkurven.blogspot.com/search/label/Tova%20T%C3%B8fler
The pattern is in norwegian.

corazon said...

Thank you for the link. I know a little danish, think it's similar. I will have a look.
Have a nice weekend.

Petra