I did manage to find a blogger who knew abit more than me and
he could give me a link to some pictures of similar plants... I had full match
I did go on pictures on google and linked the name. Up came lots of pic. and I could see that this was it. JUhuuu . Thanks alot
Knut Olav
Here is some of what I found out:
Action, Medical Uses, and Dosage.—Same as for
Rubus. A syrup is prepared from
R. Idaeus.

Related Species.—
Rubus odoratus, Linné,
Rose-flowering raspberry, or
Mulberry(Real Mulberry is
Morus sp. -Henriette), has an erect or reclining, unarmed, glandular-pilose, shrubby stem, from 3 to 5 feet in height. Leaves 4 to 8 inches long, nearly as wide, cordate at base, palmately 3 to 5-lobed, unequally serrate; lobes acuminate, the middle one prolonged; petioles 2 or 3 inches long, and with the peduncles, calyx, and branches clothed with viscid hairs. Flowers many, large, nearly 2 inches in diameter, in terminal corymbs. Petals orbicular, purple-rose color; stamens numerous, whitish. Fruit broad and thin, bright-red, sweet. This plant grows on rocky banks and in upland woods in the United States and Canada, flowering in June and July, and ripening its fruit in August. A decoction of it is said to be powerfully diuretic, and may be used freely in affections of the
urinary organs, and
dropsy (W.—G.).
2 comments:
That's really cool. I've never seen one before.
Thimbleberries! That's why they looked familiar. They grow here on the Pacific Coast. I remember seeing them in Oregon and Washington when I was a kid. Isn't the internet wonderful!!
Post a Comment