A break in a busy time. Fall break. Ocean Grove NJ. First week of october.
Friendly people all around. Good food. Good Australian pinguin wine. Good bargains for x-mas gifts.
Such nice nabourhood
Fantastic beach- here the pier at Ocean Grove
A trip to nothern part of NJ. Bergen county, Glen Rock.
Visiting friends. As she was 3 years ago- only with glasses
Thanks Brigitte for seing us.
Starbuck tower in Glen Rock
Some more houses on Jersey shore
So quiet on the beach. There where several like these two, who probably saved the world while waiting for the fish to bite.
Wooden fenses held the dunes on place.They are so decorative
Long Island Icetea along with a California steak sandwich.
Shawmont hotel on Ocean Avenue. Worth a visit. Here I´m relaxing with the view to the ocean and the boardwalk
Typical Ocean Grove house. Romantic right?
Some more.....
And then summer hit us on friday 7 of october. Beachtime
On saturday it was even warmer and I deared try the water. It was lovley. We spendt the whole day on the beach.
View from the beach up towards the town
And of course I knitted. Not much, but enough to feel relaxed
And can you believe the luck we had on saturday: it was a street fair on Main street.
Ashbury Park on sunset
Now I´m back and feeling relaxed and I feel so much stronger . Let fall and winter come. New winter tires will be put on the car on saturday and we´re ready for snow in sothern parts of Norway.
2 comments:
What wonderful picture, Beate.. I haven't been to the East Coast since I was a teenager. One of these days...
Looks like a wonderful fall break!
Post a Comment