27 March, 2013

Easter blues...

 Days off work is a pleasure. Easter is here and our plans for it did not work out as we planned :( 
We planned to drive up north and to fill the car with stuff to be moved up to the old house we´re re-modeling at the moment.
Due to too much winter in the north we planned otherwise.
My dearest travelled up north with plane and hooked up with his brother and got to do almost what we planned to do. Me : I´m home with the teens. They are not much home so I do have the house to my self and can do what ever I feel like.
The first two days I decided to just relax, knit and sleep.  I look out at the weather which here south in Norway is pretty good. Cold , but sunny. 
Monday and yesterday I took on a project that I had postponed too long. 
To go through  all my knitting magazines and knitting books !
A flee market is coming up in two weeks time at the local school and we´ve been cleaning out from 3 small storage rooms. That is x-mas stuff, easter, summer, kids boxes etc.
Quite alot is now moved to the garage and wainting for the final move to the school.
That sure feels good. Today I will look through my binders and folders and toss old patterns.
Seriously ! I will have to live at least 10 lives and knit fulltime to actually use all the patterns. Crazy!! And I don`t need all of them. Internet has made pattern browsing much easier. BUT I will save gems and goodies. A paper pattern has it´s value too.
Anyway- I use my time good and I make sure that it´s not all work. Actually I kind of like to tidy and clean. Like the tidyness and freshness afterwards. 
AND I feel so clarified. ( must be all the decision processes  going on)
---------------------------
Two wristwarmers is off the needles and is  a ordering project to a colleague.
 Top pair is long with a lace pattern and down below is a short version in a different pattern. Both patten from Drops : Ellies gloves and 86-3.
Yarn used is Baby wool, from stash and needles 3mm.
As always I have socks on the needles and this is the latest pair. 

 Picture on top is the Noro yarn I bought in Amsterdam and I´m crocheting  a scarf. 
Well I´m off to knit some more and to toss useless patterns ;) 
What do you do with you holiday?

5 comments:

Ulla said...

Bummer with the weather. Spring cleaning is a good thing. I should be inspired by you and go through my yarn and patterns.

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Ulla: Well I got alot done. This things I do every other year or so- going through my patterns and get more space ;) Happy knitting

Caroline said...

I won't taunt you with the weather we've had this week during out Spring Break because you'll be nice and comfortable when we sweating at 7 in the morning during the summer, ha, ha. A couple of days of knitting sounds like the perfect way to relax...and your finished products are always so beautiful.

me said...

i am inspired to do some spring cleaning! Your knitting is a good reward for getting tidy! Hurrah!

Torhild said...

Thankd girls ;)