21 June, 2013

Unique

 I´ve seen around small and larger crochet "covers " on rocks. Mostly used as a display and the effect is very summerly I think. 
I have some fossilized sea urchins and for a while now I´ve been playing with the thought of making something with the smallest one. 
One could say to cover it with something crochet would ruin the look of the sea urchin. One would not get a proper view of it.
The necklace turned out to be a conversation peace and I love the outcome of it.I had a chain where the ornament had fallen off and not being abel to toss much I had it all laying around. All I had to do was to do the job ;) 
It took me not much more than an hour to get it together.
I made a circular pattern on the backside and used ch.st. on the sides and ending.
I am very pleased with the outcome and this will be one of my summer favourites.
So look around among holiday souveniers and beach findings and make your own. 

1 comment:

Caffeine Girl said...

That is just darling. Very summery!