Finally!! 12 ithems done for the school holiday sale.
A mix of 6 pairs of socks ( different sizes)- I pair of mittens and two pairs of half-mittens.
1 scarf and two childrens hats.
I must admit I don´t know if I do it again next year-- maybe I´ll find something MUCH smaller to knit...
A couple a weeks agao we went for Washington D.C. and the grey pair of sock finally(also) was knitted( 4 hr. in the car do wonders to knittet UFO´s) . Been on the needles for months- since August actually, when I needed something easy going to knit while we visited Denmark.. Booooooooring color and I thought I neeeeeeeever finish them.
Next to it is a half-mitten thing to go in the Advent calender . My daughter bought a scarf back home and it has the exact same striping and I happend to have white and black baby wool in my stash just waiting to be knitted in to these.
They are plain knitting with a crocheted edge around top and bottom.
These mittens is made for my son , who keep freesing his fingers off every morning we go to school. Made of yarn(Arty yarn) frogged from what used to be my socks.. but they got woren out and had big holes on the foot -sole, so I reused it because I love the color way in it and besides the holes ,the yarn was OK. Made a little cable on the top to spice it up a little. One Monday night and Tuesday.
This scarf is one of my UFO´s... been on the needles for 14 months. Moonlight from Scarf Style and is quick knitting, but it rested for a year in a bag, waiting for me to find her interesting again.
The actual knitting time is 2 months.
Reminds me of the north atlantic sea- it has all the greens and blues in it depending on the weather, sun og snow..
And at last I want to show you my newest thing on the needles: The Pinweel for women from Elann. I have been thinking and wondering if i should do it. Making the childs jacket was so fun and quick. So when my LYS had a night of showing new yarns and 20 % off prices last week I found the yarn that cried out for me.... take me home with you, please!!! Remeber the gift sertificate that I won? well, I have been saving it for a special occasion and I must say it was well worth waiting for. Bought some more yarn , but will wait for tomorrow to show you all.
This pic. does not show the actual color.
Just reached the size that requiers sircular needle and found one that are not that fit the smaller size of the pinweel.With 28 stiches on each needle it is scary to knit and not loose any stich..
I think someone else http://deedeenetblog.blogspot.com/ went to the same place and had the same insperation .
The yarn is Berrocco: ultra Alpaca, color: 6285( "my " blue/green).
The color is beatiful and has a nice shine to it in daylight... tweedy kind of colorway.
Just reached the size that requiers sircular needle and found one that are not that fit the smaller size of the pinweel.With 28 stiches on each needle it is scary to knit and not loose any stich..
I think someone else http://deedeenetblog.blogspot.com/ went to the same place and had the same insperation .
It will be fun to see how they turn out.. oh.. by the way.. Mine is going to be in ONE color only.,.
Happy (Thanksgiving) Knitting..
No comments:
Post a Comment