24 November, 2007

Crispy Saturday


This is how beatiful it was today!! Sun shining from a high sky- fresh and crisp was it too.
Around 22 when I woke up.




A bouqet of yarn/colors.
The big fat "snake" on the bottom is the lovely Claudia Large Loop Boucle-
Handpainted Mohair 78%, Alpaca 25% and Viscose 25%.
It is for a scarf- something.. need to figure out the right thing.
On top of the "snake" is the sockyarn also from Claudia in Fingering weight.
The color is Last night´s wine ( love that name,,) and is SO soft.. can´t wait to work with it.
The brown tweed is from Rowan and I got 10 of those balls.. might need a few more for what I have in mind.


This is a swatch I made last night..
A scarf is in my thoughts and the patteren has been a surch for the right one.
Finally , in my very own library I found the patteren I was looking for in Nicky Epsteins "Knitting on the edge".
What I have in mind is a very chunky alpaca- stash yarn.
Also came across this adorable patteren called Duckfeets or Andefødder in danish. Good as a scarf patteren or as a wrist-warmer as I do here. It is pretty fast knitted, but not a fast memorable one.
Need to have the patteren with me.
The yarn is something I colored myself a year and a half ago- It is danish wool called Tvinni by Marianne Isager and the basic color was peach(whaaa- not found of that color anymore) and I desided to try to play with it and I think it turned out fine..
It is darker in the colors than on the pic. and has all this grey to dark purple /light pink in it.
A very quick gift in this very short time we have left befor X-mas.



2 comments:

cathy said...

The wool for the wristwarmers looks very, very pretty. That will make a nice present for someone.

Anonymous said...

Så flittig og dyktig du er.
Imponerende arbeider du viser frem. Også ledsager dine tekster med så flotte bilder. Du er jo en fantastisk fotograf.