26 November, 2007

" A loos Neck" or a Dixie?



This is warm and cold.. Brrr. See my nose? It is red and cold- I dont think there is a blood circulation all the way out there. My neck on the other hand is warm and soft.

What if I did some circular knitting and knitted myself a "tube" to fold around my neck ( is it called a Dixie? we do have a another word for it in Denmark: a loos neck!!) instead of a scarf? I so want to knit with it , but I am holding myself back because I dont want too many projects on it´s way. Nearly done with the "Duckfeets" wristwarmers and they look very handsome and classic, almost vintage style in that pattern.

3 comments:

cathy said...

Hi! I believe the word you're thinking of is dickie. It's also sometimes called a neck gaiter. Loos neck sounds much more descriptive. Yours looks like it will be soft!

Anonymous said...

Yes! That´s the word. Dickie.. funny name, our danish one is funny too..
seing people walking around with loos necks..Well, let´s see what it will be knitted into.

cathy said...

By the way, Wendy Knits has also just started on the Elann Pinwheel sweater. It might be interesting to stop by and watch her progress while you're working on yours.