12 December, 2007

$ 76.50 in coins










This is something that makes me wonder ( alot, kind of with the lines/ tables at MVA):


We have been collecting coins in a jar ( The coins can fill up your wallet pretty soon) and the time to emty it came today. I thought it would be a easy thing to go to the bank and have them put it through a counter machine. NOPH!! My bank must have them in paper rolls to accept it. They dont have a counter Machine.





So I had the kids divided them in quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies and I had the job to put $ 76.50 , in coins, in paper rolls!
This is just a small thing ,but it makes me feel so different and to really appreciate what I came from( counter machines in every bank) and when I am alone I can not help shaking my head .
I am about to learn not to take anything for granted. After a year ½ you get used to things, but there is still things that will surprise me.
It stunnes me how big the cultural difference is from US to Europe.
This is a day I miss Europe.
Dear american, please do not be offended, the difference is big and it is reverce too.
We have friends( americans) , who lived in Denmark for 5 years and the shock of moving has now become a fun thing to think of and laugh at.. We have funny stuff too.
And realicing it makes the world bigger.

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Hi Beate,
Next time, Commerce Bank for the coins. No charge, and you even get to play a guessing game about how much money you have.
Tudora is lovely, maybe I do have time to knit a gift or two!

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Thanks Phyllis.
I will keep that in mind..