This week-end we decided to do something we never have done together as a family-
Not getting away, but skiing!!!
Wow- mama did her first downhill skiing in 20 years!!!
Good thing we put the kids in snowboarding school for the whole day, there was time for mom and dad to go up in the hills with Susan.
Susan was a very nice lady our age and it turned out that she was thrilled she got adults to teach for one full hr. and just a refreshing hr. Swell.
Good thing we did one hour because skiing is not what it was 20 years ago. I guess you all know that ( just me ridiculously thinking how hard can it be- like biking- right?) - but alot has changed in 20 years. Oh, my!!
The skis and the moves--
No 1980 moves now. Althought the music playing in the speakers all over the hills was the best of the 80, it all came back to me.
I say me because a dane is NEVER born with skis on his feets. We laughted alot of his fine"old man " style( with the butt in the air , leaning forward,, he, he,,, ) I felt alot more comfortable and just wanted to get some more speed on. BUT i did have the 80- dance move when turning and that is a no,no these days...
The skis are so much lighter, easier and fun to ride- But the 80 move had to go.
Good thing I can laught at my self- I could see how ridiculous that was.Still wanted to do the move though.
We had alot of fun- and impressing the kids with a smooth stop was a cick. So elegant.
Good for muscles in pain.
See how hot it is? The damp is rising to the cold air. Saturday night was so romantic- dark, blue velvet sky with the moon and the stars. All I needed then was a cold Corona- but drinks was not alowed at the pool area. Ivh..
Saturday was just perfect. The sun was shining from a cloud free sky- And did I remember the sun screen? NOPH- so by the evening, after a day in the sun and an hr.in the hot-tub I was cooked like a lobster.
My face was almost back to normal sunday- and today it has a fresh look!
Not for buying but to look at the crazy big RV´s and dream on.
RV´s are SO expensive in Europe and much, much smaller- I still cant believe what you can get to costumised to fitt your needs here in the US.
Wow is all I can say-
This is just one of the Rv´s that Viktor fell for- a house on wheels.
Knitting: this is a knittig blog but I like to post about other stuff to, especially since our family is in Europe they can see what we do in our daily life, but yes. I got some knitting done.
Started the "net socks"- and that is not a quick pattern to knit.
Did work on my skein of the month scarf- and now started on my second half-
No comments:
Post a Comment