28 February, 2008

Fine dining

It is somedays now since we got back from Michigan and Chicago, but Boy was I tired..
it is exhausting to be on vacation.
I am having trouble with the my own pc , and since the traveling pic. already downloaded to that computer- I have to wait showing off until it is fixed.

I have been working on the silky leaves scarf and finnished it today!!
But what happend here? Oh! see? the midle is not in the midle any more~!
How come you ask: well!- turnes out that I am a loose knitter and there was simply not enough yarn to finnish it the way the pattern wanted it to end up.
8 row repeat is missing.. but who cares..... And I got enough suport from Erin, in knitting group today, that it would work out fine like this.. nobody but she and me( and now you) will ever know the little otherness about it.
It needs to be blocked though.. it just came out of the needles this hour.
I got my next skein of the month, Febuary, but will show tomorrow.


The nice thing about traveling is the chanche to see other yarnstores and in Frankenmuth , MI, there is this great store Rapunzel.
Pic. of the store and town will follow when I can get on my other pc and on internet.. dang it!!!
This is what I bought at Rapunzel:
Some new cabel needles.. the one I have tends to fall off the stiches , too slippery.
Second I got some shorter sock needles size 2.5 mm. only 6" long and will therefore fitt in the babuska cube.
Last is pattern tamers /trackers.. those I got on Etzy. They are magnets that hold in place your patterne.
sometimes when I do lace- it is crazy to figure out where I am and little post-it notes to keep track. These are great and cant wait to use them on something lace-like pattern.

Yes,, they did have yarn at Rapunzels. Alot of good brands too. And the ladies working there was very nice and helpful. Homy atmosphere.
I fell in love with a new Noro Yarn called Kochoran in 100 gr. skeins. I brought with me home 2 skeins in colour 50 and 44/ blueish and pinkish ( Laying flat on the bottom of pic.).
ON the left side there is some more Noro. Kureyon it is. 4 balls in colour 150. second to left is a ball of sock yarn called Online supersock 100. the colour is tropic colour.
On the top to left is Shannon from Tahki Yarn. 100 % wool in colour 19 ( blueish again)
Top to rigth is Donegal Tweed Homespun for Tahki Yarns. Got two of the green and one 100 gr. of beige.
What I will knit you ask? Time will know. just good to have.

To something completly different .
We finally got our new dining set . A book cabinet and a wine- bar. And I have to show it because some of our family in Dk wants to see it.. They baby-sat so we had the chance to buy it.

This is the bar and holds botles in the bottom, drink stuff in the drawer and glasses and more serious drinks on the top. It folds out and make a nice mixing place.

A blurry pic. of the table, but it is truly beatiful( if you like that style). I like the colour, the finnish of it. How distressed it is and I LOVE the chairs. See how elegance and ruff modern style is mixed together? The seats is in leather and looks like something you would find in a cowboy saloon or something. Distressed and cool.
The table gets really long and as now fitts easily 8 people.
We got 2 extra chairs since we very often is 10- 12 people around the table.






The book case/cabinet holds some of my bigger plates, some table cloths and my mothers wedding china..
The best thing is that it fulfilled the expectations of what we bought.
And a 9 week wait is worth it.Got a smaller cabinet for the tv as well but I did not feel like showing of the family alter.

1 comment:

pompa said...

Congrat. Lovely design features, specially the dining table and chairs with cabriole legs and what apears to be ball&claw ends.
OMPA