It has so many georgeus pic. of some great summer food- MMmm lots of vegetable dishes, which I like to experiment with-
That was a good bargain for 6$.
Something else and unexpected has inspired me for my next sock-
Going through my cut -outs in my sockfolder- and my sock books- i kept coming backt to this pattern of Socks by
Sabine Riefler.
Her sock pattern was published through Magknits ( http://www.magknits.com/sept06 )
Sorry about this, but I can not get the hyperlink to work- frustrating sh....t
I know why I feld in love with this pattern- It reminded me of the ancient tilework discovered in Heraklion (Napels, Italy).
Some years ago we spendt 4 weeks in Italy- north in Tuscany and down south to visit my inlaw-family in San Basile, waaaaaay down in the mafia country.
On our way home again we stopped in Napels and did the Heraklion, close to Pompei, but all the way on the coast south of Napels.
A gem hidden in busy Napel trafic and narrow streets. Horns honking and Napolitians speaking quickly and gesticulating.
It is like a dream going "down" to explore the ancient streets, houses, Inns, spa´s and their gardens.
Much is still hidden under the city and soooooo much history to see.
It is overwhelming to quietly walk around and sence the life of rich Romans, centuries ago.
Their wall paintings , tilework on the floors is amazing.
I took alot of those pic. of floors and this is just like the net-like stiches on Sabines socks.
Thanks Sabine for bringing the memorie back to me. Most of all I remember the heath and the dry, spicy smell in the air.We spent a whole day down there in the dust of our ancestors.
If you go there, bring the kids! They will love it- so much great history-
Anyway I chose the skeins of Nature´s Palette from Hand Jive (http://www.handjiveknits.com/ ) , colour NP-140It is a beatiful, deep green with lighter and darker parts in it- shine is perfeckt for this pattern
Found this patteren (Brigit ) on Ravelry- thanks for that one- Brigit has some small celtic knots and cabels down the cuff and foot-
Can not wait to see how this will work out.
So beside of showeling some very wet snow of the cars this morning I will try to get some work done on my Ravelry acc.
It sure take some time to do it, but I decided NOT to stress about it. It is suppose to be fun, right?
Bring swimsuits for going out to day , OR stay inside and knit- I will knit.
No comments:
Post a Comment