11 February, 2008

Bargains

Once in a while there is a scoop that you dont pass.
Yesterdays groceries shopping ended up with 4 books .
The price tag said 3$,5$,6$!! Outrageous!!
These books had original price tag on saying 24,26,15 and 36 $- So I dived in the bin and found some easy going summer reading- No heavy stuff when we´re at the pool and since I am not in the water all the time, its nice to have something to read in....... Aside from knitting I mean!!
And tanning---- chatting with other moms- drinking the best ice- coffee in town, relaxing.
One of the books is a cooking book. I have SOME books about cooking!! But since it only costs me 6$ and since it is summer cooking mostly- I fell completly for it.
It´s Recipes from Susan Spungen and with a closer look these are recipes I will come back to agian and again. I will bring it for skiing and make plans for what to try first,second.....
There is a couple of other books I have going too. The "Teather Man" by Frank McCourt and " The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini.
There is one on the wish list too and that is Ken Follett´s The Pillar of the Earth.. That would be my vacation/flight reading.
Another bargain




Is the haircut.
I got so sick of my self sunday afternoon that I cut the hair off.
This is my summer fling - thing and I love it.
It is not me at all with long hair.
Have not had long hair since I was 12 years old.
Good thing to be a hairdesigner . I just gave in to the cravings. The colour got pretty good too- don´t have to show the grey fur, right?


All we need now is a little sun and a more tanned skin- Now I look like bunny pink .
Guess what? This morning we faced a 8 F and gusty winds!! which brought the chill factor up to -10 For a breaf moment I regretted the haircut. My ears almost fell off getting the newspaper. Brrrr.

But all in all I am pretty pleased.

So now, when the hairdue is in place. Reading stuff planned I think there is a moment where I can figure out what sock to knit next:
There is going to be two pairs actually. There will be many hours in the car next week- better find good projects to bring.
Have to decide on yarn and then pattern.
Some yarns does not go to almost any pattern- like the skein I knittet into wollmeise.. not that pleased with the outcome.

Feel like trying out my Noro sockyarn and something calm and delicious with a one colour theme.

1 comment:

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Good day Cloudberry, I too am a bargin shopper. There are few bargins better than book bargins, especially cookbooks. I have tons of them and will continue to buy more. I love the way you cut your hair. It does look like a spring/summer cut. Can't wait to see the sock patterns you have chosen !!!