14 March, 2008

Tagged again

I´ve been tagged again, only this time it´s a reverse thing.
Not gonna send this further , I already did to 6 people and one of them was Cathy of Yarnstruck Cathy.
Cathy reversed it to me and thats ok.. I don´t know too many people in blogland eather so I will help her out.

So this is 6 new random/ odd/ quirky things about me:
1.
I love these boots. the pair on left is new(er) from last summer bought in Dk.
the pair on the right is 3years old(!!) and is the best boots ever.. boxing-boots so light I hardly can tell I have them on. So confertable and NOT girlish at all. I am not to walk in high heels.. I would trip every other second.

2. I grocery shopped this morning. And here is a picture of some of the vegetables I bought.


3. Next to Ranunkler/buttrcups and piefolwers I also is very fond of Gerbera. Especieally those with the dark stem center. For decorations these are really good. I use them one in a little bottle..( use different bottles- I also collect fine, funny , odd little glas bottles ) and mix them in different hights as table deco and tea candels.. looks goood I tell you.


4. I got a gift the other day. A cute little Japanese purse for pocket change. It´s from my sons best friends mom. The reason? Not quite sure, but they are moving back to Japan and I guess I was one of the few other moms who spoke to her despite her not so good english..


See I know how she feels- and our sons are best friends. They are doing ESL together and have a bigger understanding about each other and the understanding of being new in a new country.In return she shall have the princess mitts I made- she admire my knitting and always ask´s in to it.. they´re hers. We will miss them and it ripps my heart out for the boys- they are both crying at night. Loosing a friend is tough.

The little purse is so pokemon!! See I know alot about pokemons and their games.. at least my 8 year old tell me alot of how it works.. most of the times I am lost.. . Have no clue at all what his talking about.


5. I collect mugs!!! If there´s not a yarnstore around I go for mugs!!

These three are my favorites at the moment, My peony mug to the left.

The next two I bought in Bar harbor last summer.. in the middle is with what´s the name on the flowers- they are so common in Dk and Norway and they are beatiful, to the right is my big laugh mug.. 2 sheeps laughing at a third one ... baa haa baa.......couldn´r resist this one..

These muggs are for coffee- other favorites for tea..will take that a another time..

And then I can add on Peony and the other nameless flower to my favorite flowers!!!
-Now I know, thanks to Ompa...lupins of course. How could I forget that? silly me.



6. I must confess that I dry most of the familys clothes outside.

Eventhough there is a law against drying clothes outside her in NJ- I do it anyway..

I think the law says that it must not be visible from the front of the house.

BUT since we do have a problem with global warming and I find the life over here in US just spending energy all the time, I do my bit to help reduse.

I use the dryer only on times where it is too wet outside or too much to dry. Even then I use the shortes time avaliable.

This is just one thing among others I do to contribute to take care of the envirement..

All the soap I use I make sure to buy the ones less dangerous to the envirement.

Happy friday and week-end to you all.
Mine is filled with birthday and a big son comming ot visit from Denmark.. cant wait to hug him.

5 comments:

pompa said...

Hi, Beate,
The midle mug picture is of 'lupiner' Lupin, often spelled lupine in North America, is the common name for members of the genus Lupinus in the legume family (Fabaceae).
Have a nice weekend.
OMPA - taxanomy is fun

cathy said...

Sorry to do that to you, but it was fun! Thanks for being such a good sport. :)

jessie said...

Good for you on the laundry thing. I hung out clothes today even though it was only 22 (but sunny) in the morning. They smelled sooo good when I took them in this afternoon.

I think it is absolutely criminal that people in certain areas are prohibited from using clotheslines. Talk about environmentally irresponsible!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend with your son!

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Thanks for tagging me Beate. That really was fun. Also, your pictures are gorgeous.

cici said...

what a great post... loved seeing the pictures.. thanks