they have a good fitt. The yarn is Dales Baby wool. yarn from stash.
I guess I have to make my son Viktor another pair,, he loves the one he has now in black and white, but they are too small for him now. He kind of lighted up when I knitted these and asked: are these for me mom? -" disapointingly no, my son.. for your cusin".. OH,,,, the light went out in his eyes..
How can a mom deal with that? if he wants mittens, he shall have mittens.. a knitters dream-kid/son.
I have to make him a new pair , as a surprise.
There is a good half year until mittens is needed again. I hope.!! The ones we have must do for the morning chills this spring.
Lefse
It struck me I had two boxes left from last visiting guests from Norway..
my favorite( and the kids looooooove them!!!) , Is made this way:
They are like flat , dried squares- I soak them in a wet towel for a few minutes-
I spread out a mix of butter, sugar and cinnamon on the top of the square and fold it in 1-third- then the other third..
and cut it in 3 pieces.
Tomorrow I will show a picture of the lefse..
mmm...can´t wait to put my teeth in one.
2 comments:
Mmmmm.... lefse :)
Lefse lovers where ever you are - unite. You better or you'll never be allowed to park at Beate's. She got a sign you see, and I bet she get you towed if you don't cave in and join the merry bunch of lefse lovers.
From the motherland, the cradle of lefse
OMPA- All you need is lefse
Post a Comment