26 April, 2008

Princeton

This year first ice-coffeé made its way to my mouth this day in Princeton.
We decided on a day in Princeton and Princeton University.
It was well worth the trip. Sun was out all day long- and the walk through the University was great. Lots and lots of very nice, Gothic, english looking buildings from early 1900 and I understand that the Princeton University takes its way back to 1746 .

This is the University Chapel. Was built in 1927
There are several Gargoyles around the Campus and the University Chapel has a Chained Dragon surrounding the doorways. Inside its calm and I made a moment to pas a few prayers.

Walking through Blair Arch ( which has a Goblin with a shell) this view meets you.
I believe what we see here is Lochart and Foulke. Beatiful.

This is just a doorway--- I have a weekness for doors and entry ways.

Yet another view. Nice work on buildings and iron-work on lamps outside.
Need I say that the Pinwheel was along in the car and I managed to knit some rows on the way down and back north again.
We kind of took the loooooong way home.. through Rocky Hill, Chester, Morristown undtil we hit 287 back north. Nice drive and nice places.

1 comment:

cici said...

You are right, these building are beautiful. I think you have taken some great pictures. Love the shots you have chosen. It's always good when you can get some knitting done on the road.