24 April, 2008

Ramblings over a afternoon.

Just a little evidence that the rib collar is on it´s way!! See!! almost 10 cm.. only 10 cm to go!

I do now have 560 stiches on the needle and a quick timing showed that it took me aprox.10 min to knit those stiches( one row.)
Quickly , quikly adding numbers of rows still going to be knit undtil my collar is wide and long enough it will be done in 3 or4 hours knitting.
As you see I had to wind up my 4th. skein so far-- and soon there is only the sleeves to be knitted.

My front doorsteps is a nice place in the afternoons because it has shadow and I can keep an eye on the kids playing in the garage with tools, knifes, carving, hammering and making good stuff to replace old equipment. Yesterday I did pull out alot of stuff to enjoy my self with while my son did som carving on a plank. Very important skills to learn.

The pinwheel of course, some Debbie Bliss cashmerino in three colors for Lapland mittens in the book of Folk mittens, by Marcia Lewandowski. I will make those mittens.. in may.
In front there is the Berrocco Keltic. Bought simply because it was on sale and has this gorgeous color-theme in dusty pink, lightblue and brown. Which makes me think of Sandi Wiseheart , editor of Knitting Daily, the online community for passionate knitters last post on monday: ARE YOU A YARN COLLECTOR?
I asked my self : am I a yarn collector???It is something to admit. Did I buy yarn for specific projects or did I buy yarn just because!!? The answer is YES! I am!!!.
I do buy yarn for NO PURPOSE at all- just to have, just because the colors are SO beatiful, the yarn is SO soft and there is NO project in mind for this yummy little thing I am holding in my hands. I feel like framing it.
I do always have some yarn visible in a basket or a bowle just so I can fondle it with both my eyes and my hands..
I bet most of you already read that article and today`s post Sandi came with help how to become a yarn collector. Also a very important skill dont you think?
It was hilarious to read those 5 steps to become one of us. I must admit I printed it out to keep in handy and to read when I feel I need to justify my buyings and yarn cravings.
This Keltic is right now on the needles as Elizabeth Zimmermanns Mitered Mittens.
Just reduced the # of stiches from 12 to 8-
This is my 3 pair in the same pattern and they do really fitt well on my hand.
As E.Z said when making the thumb which is made in a 45 degree angel:" After finished the thumb, it turned out to be just what the doctor ordered- a pleasant anatomical thumb which folded itself docilely across the palm in a positively human fashion."
This is some color strips to see what color to paint my sons Adirondacks chair he builted last spring. It need two coats of a good color. I was thinking one of the top colors on eather or of the strips..I do like the blues best, maybe one that has both blue and green in it.
And to something completly different- but still in the cosy department: the Hen wine.!!
I bought it mainly becauseof the bottle.. Because it reminded me of when good girlfriends got together and talk, talk,talk.. it´s like a Hen House..
I love hens! I wish I had a couple of my own , cackling in my garden.They do have the most cosy and relaxing sound, those hens. So thats why... the wine was good too- atleast I thought so.
It went well with the lime salmon I made for dinner last night.

1 comment:

cathy said...

Hang in there! 10 minutes to get through 560 stitches sounds pretty fast to me. You'll be done before you know it. :)