11 April, 2008

What am I doing?

First of all I want to thank you all for your comments.. I really enjoy and appreciate them. Thank you.
Then to what am I doing ?
Well a lot and then again not so much .I am a bit exhausted actually. HB been away for almost 2 weeks on business in Europe and I am starting to feel runned down.
Hey! it is hard to be a "single" mom.. all the respect to all of you who do that on daily basis, year round.
Therefore I am trying to go to bed earlier and earlier every night( I am not succeeding - it is so nice to feel the silence at night , catching up a bit , ALONE!!)

I am also doing a birthday/sleep-over for my daughter and 4 of her friends.
Right now they are jumping around in the basement to Sara Bareilles, love song... singing along and dancing.
The movies later and then home for stuffing their faces with junk food ( I guess) and watching another ( important) movie on dvd..Actually I made 3 pizzas ready to eat right now.
Girls life at 13 !! How can I ever forget how joyful life was - so free of complications and worries.
So I be the good mom and be very understanding and not too bossy.
But I have one wish.. and that is for them to be quiet ( as much as they can) , just a little bit after 11 pm.. I need my sleep.. got 4 hours last night.. got two full hours napping today before picking the youngest up from school.
I feel so old today.. why is that..OH, now I remember: my son at 11 told me , while I was listening to some music dated back 25-30 years ago( you know the time when they really made good music such as Play that funky music white boy, grooving, I am sailing, and others )- that this music sounded like it was made in the 18th century!!! O`boy did I feel OLD!! but I could do nothing else than laugh at his statement..Oh gosh.!!

speaking of the son , he just came home with two friends so now I have 8 kids in the house..
Help me Lord to get through this evening!!
I have been knitting om my Lace Ribbon scarf-- I have to weigh it to see if there is enough for a short scarf wrap thing. The lace Ribbon scarf is from Knitty.
The yarn is this months yarn from one skein of the month club, Valley Yarn Stockbridge and is a mix of Alpaca and wool.
I love knitting with it and it works up really fast.

And I am using my Spiral Yarn holder .
A little fun thing I bought in Denmark at www.ausumlille.dk- It is hand made and works good for yarn not rolling all over the livingroom floor, while knitting.
And I adore how it is a piece of art- it looks funny, conversation breaker, what is this? and so on..

Got some new yarn in the door.
This is from Plymouth Boku in color 6 and 10.

I also got some Valley Yarns Stockbridge in three blue colors, some natural as white, brown and light grey. Some Lopi since I want to make another Sigrundur in greys and the jummy Debbie Bliss Cashmerino.dk. for a cabeled sweather / jacket - been wanting this one for years..
It´s going to be great to work on. I think it is at least 20 years since a did a cabled garment for my self. It will be fun to work in cables again on a bigger project.






















2 comments:

jessie said...

I have a couple extra kids here myself, but not 8! I find it funny that you think of the age of 13 as carefree. I was miserable! But your saying that makes me less apprehensive about my daughter (8) going through that stage. She's pretty carefree at 8, that's for sure. :-)

pompa said...

Only 4 hours sleep? What keeps U up during the night? To much knitting and wondering what to make next I guess with all that yarn of your.
Sounds like you have a handfull with all those teenagers around, but I guess you enjoy it.
I like your blog
OMPA