So a thing happend that should not happend! And the only one I can blame is my self.
Too busy being effective and quick , accidently my very soft summer Cashmere went in the washer on sanitary program!!!!!! Everyone who has to deal with wool or just know a little about wool , knows that wool usually shrinks!! sometimes badly and very quick.
Yes!! what happened should not have happened to me... I almost cried.. tiers was queueing up inside my head. A rage was growing inside me, when i realised that I had no one to blame but my self.
One of my favorite summer cardigans this summer( need I say soft and cosy and just very soft....?) It had shrunk from a size xl to size baby- 2 y.
This is how it looked like. Sleeves cut off for use to......
Clever me! I though that I must use this missery , must turn this mistake in to something successfull and brilliant.
So I found my crochet hook, some cotton in cream color-, extra buttons (the green one)
8 comments:
Hei!
So a big mistake ended good - well done!!! Den er nydelig!!
Du kan besöke ogsa min norsk blog:
www.naurak.blogs.no, for övrigt!
Enjoy!
Til neste gang,
Beatrice fra Hamburg
Oh no, oh no, oh no, OH NO!!!! I can imagine how painful that must have been when you discovered it, however making those mitts was a nice save!
What a smart cookie you are. They turned out great. Good thinking. Maybe you can also use the rest to make something as well. :D
Godt gaaet - altsaa den del af historien ;-)
kh
Angelika
In the U.S. they say, "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade."
Lovely lemonade!
Aldri så galt at det ikke er godt for noe? de ble dritlekre!! synd det ikke var 4 armer på jakken :-)
Du er genial søs!
klem
En veldig god løsning! Håndvarmerne ble utrolig flotte!
Mvh Malin(før knitgirlinNorway)
I'm late commenting on this post, but I have to say how gorgeous those wristwarmers are and what a lovely creative way to honour a cashmere sweater. Well done!
Post a Comment