Something old and something new.
During this move ( and other moves) , things long time forgotten has turned up from hidden places and boxes.
This curtin is old( not antic :-/ ) , aprox.25 years old.
Crochet by me in my pink periode.
I hang them up in my new bathroom- thinking I´d color them OR bleach them.
I am getting used to the sight of them again and while so , I think of colors.
Bought quickly in my grocery store( very impulsive)... and is perfect for my little boxes filled with buttons, ribbons and V.I. P things in case I need to fix up a knitted ithem.

As you all know I knittet the Koolhaas hat , designed by Jarred Flood ( brooklyntweed)-
A stop over at his blog the other night ended up with a purchase of his new hat , the Habitat.
Perfect match for my "spaghetti"yarn- a deep dig in my stash and woopti!! there it was.
The Italien Spaghetti yarn.
Very early beginning of the hat...

I also started a new hat in this yarn and color.. the sunflower tam/ hat in the book nature knitting..
Don´t know what to do with it anymore.. have tried several projects now. Only thing left is a knitted shawl on big needles..
As you all know I knittet the Koolhaas hat , designed by Jarred Flood ( brooklyntweed)-
A stop over at his blog the other night ended up with a purchase of his new hat , the Habitat.
Perfect match for my "spaghetti"yarn- a deep dig in my stash and woopti!! there it was.
The Italien Spaghetti yarn.
A very Yummy tweed yarn. Something I had along with me for 14 years now.
Believe it or not... how can I "save" it for so long? must be the yarn who knew about Jareds new hat .
I also started a new hat in this yarn and color.. the sunflower tam/ hat in the book nature knitting..
was so very much beginning at the tam- and decided that this yarn is not worth nothing.
I hate this yarn!!! I hate Kathmandu!!!!
I am sorry and p@%£$t .... the color is just adorable and nice- it feels soft and light.
BUT it is awful to knit with. It contains 85 % wool, 5 % cashmere and 10 % silk.
I guess the silk is doing the trouble. Knitted up it´s flat, no elastisy and very boring to look and feel.I have no idea what´s wrong with it.
worst: I have more in the stash.. red , yellow and both light and darker green.!!!
Despite I know all this I grab this everytime i dig in the stash and get tricked every time.
Any of you who have any experience with this yarn?
5 comments:
Oh my, those curtains are beautiful. I wouldn't do a thing to change them. The little corner of organized items makes a nice picture. I love that spaghetti yarn and I am sorry about the other yarn. It does look nice, with blends sometimes we do get surprises.
I hate kathmandu. I made a very yucky hat for Don's grandmother and I feel bad about it. No give to this yarn. Yuck.
Thank you Erin.. Yes! it is awfully flat and yucky bad.BAD.But I grab it everytime when I hit my stash- it is soft- and the colors are great... but not for knitting.
What a pretty curtain, and handmade!
Hei igjen...
sa veldig flott er alt du viser her; haper du ha det bra!!? ;)
Klem fra
Bea
www.bea-nype.blogspot.com
Post a Comment