This week of schooldays has been a little different.
A whole week with other subjects. The class I am teaching , a second grade class, is doing creative projects such as weaving and hand made dolls out of socks!!
Back home we ( read: Allan( my helper) and me ) had to tie together 4 sticks in to a frame and put strings in between two of the sticks.
I guess it depends on the eye that sees.
We did the dolls today..
Tomorrow I will hang up the frames of weaved pic. and take some new pic. of the whole thing.
In the end I think I can say I made the kids make something out of their hands- just as a contrast to nintendo, PS games and pc games.
They learned something alright, to use their hands.
They are so used to getting things quickly, not used to wait and have to work ( really work) to get things.
Some of the girls tells me they know how to knit and one girl did crochet, knit and sew.. They are lucky to have a mom/ grandma who take pride in giving away knowledge.
No comments:
Post a Comment