13 April, 2009

What a week.

Easter in Vienna is a lot. One of the things people ( tourists....) line up for is a gigantic Wiener-Schnitzel. It is hugh!!!! and I could only eat half of it-
the potato salad that came with it was better ,I think- the schnitzel was (very) dry.



Among the activities one is obligated to do in Vienna is to spend an hour or so at a true Vienna cafe`. A light lunch ( soup and salad)- and the typical white wine and sparkling water mixed.
Very good and tasty and don´t make you so tipsy so soon.

This Cafe´ had the most beatiful ceiling I´ve ever seen.

Flee markets :
Rubbish!!!
And good stuff.

Flowers.

And food market. Jummmm


More MMMMmmmmmm
I just wanted to go home and cook.


Easter markets also several places in town.
Here is the one in front of the Castel Schonbrunn.
Lots, lots of easter eggs and easter stuff- among good snacks and a raspberry punch that hit my head right away.As you can see the weater was great 23 Celsius ( aprox 75F)- came from cold, cold Denmark-
I had mittens, scarfs and a coat with me and made of coarse no use of it.
Walked around in flip-flops, a tank and had a kind of a summer vacation.
I think I can truly say I had a splendid week. Did not do the Leopold Museum or any other- I used my days walking in the inner section of the city and now know the small street names (almost) by heart. I did knit as well- but more of that later.

No comments: