09 June, 2009

Evening flip

Last night I should just had found the best chair in the house and put my self in it WITH my knitting and a good cup of tea. But I am like : I can´t relax and enjoy that knitting hour and tea if it´s messy and I can see that vacuming is needed.. I enjoy and relax much more when I have peace in mind.
So........ at 7 pm. I pulled out the vacumer for a quick round.. decided that my white patterned Ikea sofa needed both a vacum ( under the pillows--- yes! I did find a 5 ér...finders ceeper) AND a wash.
So while writing this my Ikea is in the washer.
I stripped my sofa and started to play with the thought of moving around the furnitures.
( I never know when it hits me)
I before I knew it, 2½ hr passed, every little inch of the floor is vacumed,pannels done, and I now have a new livingroom.
A much more spaceious and relaxed room. since the livingroom is actually not that big ( and I have too meny furnicharis) it kind of looked like a waiting room at the dentists, OR more it all centered around the telly. To square.
This is much more me and I love it.
Also: I do try to find 5 things everyday that are positive and make them clear to my self.
I know it should not be necessary to do so, but I have my fights these days and find it usefull to make little things clear so that negative things don´t rule.
Thank you all for tips around London yarn shops.
I´m sure I´ll find some good ones ( I mean how could I not.. London..) and thank´s for good wishes around the job.
I look forward to it and it´s definitely going to make my next school year busy.
As else where kids do look forward to vacation - 3 weeks to go.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

My best cleaning inspirations always hits me at night. Dh thinks i am mad but hey!!!

Alicia said...

I forgot abut this yesterday when I commented on the Help post. take a look at the Uk Knit Map and you should find all you need :O)

http://www.knitmap.com

Cybèle said...

I know how you feel - I can't knit unless I feel I've ticked off my chores from the to do list. Sometimes I do (like the last two days - my eldest's been home with a tummy bug and we've been stuck in the living room with the telly) and it makes me feel terribly guilty that I spend the day knitting without doing something productive. The stupid thing is, if I do my chores, I don't get round to knitting till much later in the evening when the kids are in bed and then i'm so tired I don't feel like it!

Unknown said...

Så fin stuen din ble. Herlig at det er snart ferie, det er vel velfortjent for mange. :-)

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Tak.. stua fungerer bare meget bedre og er mere hyglig nu.
Godt jeg fik ideen.Ja, vi trænger ferie..