15 August, 2009

Schoolsupplies & Muffins

School supplies is a yearly event.
Not as much as in the US ( gosh- am I happy about that? Yes), Here only pensils, pens,rulers, rubbers and such.
My 13 year old " lost" all his by the end of summer :-(
How that happened he does not know and me neighter.
Anyway- by tomorrow he is now ready to go crazy on essay`s and math problems without borrowing from his friends.
The first week of school / work is over.
We survived! But tired.
Today has been quiet busy anyway- slept in late ( 9 am!!! embarressing)- A friend came over for a haircut for herself and her little boy . Done with that I peeked in to my DH and her 3 sleepy girlfriends -
I quikly got out again since there where no room on the floor to enter because of sleepingbags, pillows, candy, make-up , clothes, bags & gigling girls. I left them to them selves- they`re 14 y. and I must trust they can find my fridge and bread box.
I had to go out for some small erinds: Pharmasy, retail store , my flowerist and for some fresh milk and flour.
Well at home I made ryebread and some fixed , healthy banana/wholegrain/cereal /cocoa muffins.
Used peanut butter oil as greace and honey as sweetner.
They`re good. And will be great for the kids lunch( as a snack thing) and for me in firs recess as a get through the next two periods before lunch.
School/work is good. Busy, Busy. So much to tend and so many kids to take care of.
But first week after summer holidays is always the worst ones. As the clock tickes towards 4.30 pm I need a 20 min . nap.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PS: Thanks for all the great comments on my Bandit.
It came handy while up north, sitting outside almost the whole night it got a tiny bit chilled.

6 comments:

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Oh Beate, even your photo of the school supplies is beautiful. I can't explain it. Those muffins look really, really good. Perhaps one day you will post the recipe ?!

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Oh, dear. I am flattered.
My healthy bran muffins are a mix of what I had on the shelves. I asked my 17 year old how he liked them: and he answered: Mom, they look fantastic, but they sure are healty ( ... and here I must put in that he is a really big suger addict)- the sweatness tastes of honey and fruit flavour and not white sugar...And 4 bananas makes them mooshy and jummy.
I like them- they will fullfill my snack urge around 9.30 am in first recess..

Unknown said...

Ser ut som du har skoleutstyret i orden ja.
Skulle gjerne hatt en muffins til kaffien min, de så herlig ut.
Første dagen min var på jobb idag, eleven begynner ikke før på onsdag. Dere er tidlig ute i Danmark da. :-)

cici said...

great post! Thanks for all the details.I love Bandit♥ The muffins look and sound delicious too!

cathy said...

Wow, school already? I'm not done with summer yet! So busy, not much blog-reading, but it's nice to catch up and see what you've been up to. Beautiful knitting as usual, that's what. :)

Charlotte Lygaard Lintrup said...

Hej Beate! Jeg misunder dig. Skønt at høre, at du er glad for timerne på skolen. Og ja, jeg gad også godt sætte tænderne i en af dine muffins. De ser rigtig gode ud. Som du kan se, hvis du har været inde, så er jeg ved at være på plads. Der mangler stadig lidt i huset, men det er der råd for de næste dage så... Skønt! Mangler kun at få det solgt så. Knus Charlotte