20 August, 2009

August smell


During summer I worked on two pairs of socks.
Weaving Lace sock from Favourite sock book. They kept me busy while driving the long distance from Denmark to nothern Norway.
The yarn is from JoJoland, Melody in colour MS16.I simply loved to knit with this yarn. It runs so fast and smooth through my hands & needles.
Slow colour change in the colours I love the most. They will remind me of my summers and the Atlantic sea and its clean deep colours.
The amount yarn used is aprox. 70- 80 gr. I think they must be knitted up in a another colour as well. We`ll see what colour : - D


Mittens for Viktor.
One of these mornings , on our way to school , my dearest youg one pulled the sleeves of his sweather to cover his hands and fingers while biking.'
I said: Viktor , are your hands cold? ( keep in mind this is 12 of august'!!!)- he answered : Yes!!
well- this is the time of year where the mornings are so delightfully fresh and afternoons so warm , then again a cold night.
I talked to TB about it this morning , how I love August. Still summer. Still some pretty warm /hot days left. Afternoon and nights so dark( perfect for sitting outside with BF arms around my shoulders, looking at the stars or/and shooting stars/ satelites.


How the air is filled with powerfull smells of ripe aples, pears, cherries, plums, blackberries and so on. Even the leaf of the treas and bushes gives away beatifull smells.
And I love how the mornings are so fresh- and it gets even better later when fall comes.

Anyway! He loved the mitts and can now ( if not to embarresed) have warm fingers also in the mornings.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Trenger man votter, så trenger man votter. Det er fine sokker du har strikket. Det var nydelige farger både i vottene og sokkene. :-)

Tineke said...

Meget smukke sokker du har strikket der, og vanterne er da herlige, sådan nogen vil mine unger gerne have, aaah, altså lige bortset fra teenageren.

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Jeg er vild med stroemperne og de lilla stoevler :-)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous socks and mittens. Love the colour changes in the socks.

Cybèle said...

Bit behind on blog reading but love the socks and specially the mittens!
And your description of August is lovely. That's how it is here in September.