Looking through googles pic. site for a cosy christmas/winterwonderland church, I came upon "my " church. A small church made in wood. So fine, small, Romantic and suits the Nothern mentallity. I was born across the street from this church , back in 1964 on a fine, summer sunday afternoon, in a house housing only women given birth- so it was not a hospital( don`t know what it`s called in english).
Some weeks later I was baptised in this church- as my sister and brother are.
My mom and dad ( and my sister ) was married here as well.
And finally my oldest son is baptised here as well.
A church meaning something to alot of people in this community.
For instant my dear teddybear was born same place as me only 6 weeks earlier( also on a sunday) and was baptised here the day before I was born!! Funny hah? And very reassuring. Same history.

The spirit of christmas is here.
In Denmark we shall have a white Christmas - only 13 years ago since last time, so we feel very flattered that the greater powers let us experience this at christmas time. Snow and snowstorms gives troubles and worries. I worry- maybe too much, but I have to worry for about 6 hr. more.
BF on his way to airport in Oslo and I worry his plain might be canceled because of the not so good weather here in Denmark :-(
Hopefully he shall arriave safe.
Anyway- what I ment to do was to wish you all a very merry christmas and at the same time give you a nice pic. to look at.
I am off to wash kitchen floor- bake some cookies ( kids ate them all) while listening to christmas carols and songs.
Tudeluuuuuu
7 comments:
Kjæresten din kommer nok frem, vær ikke redd for det.Bare slapp av.
Vi har et nydelig vintervær og jeg er så glad for det. Håper det vil vare. Det er bare helt utrolig nå når det er skumring og se ut.
:-)
Glædelig jul og godt nytår til dig og familien.
Kram
What a beautiful church, Beate. How wonderful that there's so much of your family history wrapped up in it. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours!
I made it. Merry Christmas to all.
BF
Glad to hear BF has arrived safely! Several colleagues have been having trouble the last few days getting home, either very delayed or even cancelling trips altogether. Glad I'm not going further than about 40 miles this holiday.
Have a lovely Christmas.
It is such a beautiful "kirke," Beate, but its history with you is what makes it extra special. The church from your Dec. 19 post looks a lot like the church my parents were married in and I was baptized in, but it's in California. Those immigrant Danes wanted to create a little piece of home I guess, so they copied the old architecture.
I already knew that you'd had your first "white Christmas" in thirteen years because a Danish shopkeeper in Solvang told me a couple of day ago. She told us to prove that global warming is a hoax. I guess Danes get really conservative once they become Americans, ha, ha.
So lovely the history your family has with the church. It is beautiful ! Enjoy your holidays !
Post a Comment