21 December, 2009

Day of solstice/ Solvervsdag


Finally we reached the shortest day of the year, 21 of December, which means days will by tomorrow, again, be longer- minute by minute until midsummer.
I will celebrate this day in my own way. In peace and harmony, candles and light + I want to start knitting with my milk-yarn. I may have found the right pattern .
I will knit on my Revontuli shawl and hopefully finish it.
Only few rows left.
Beside all that cosyness, there is some dutys to be fullfilled.
Just small stuff, since I am done with gifts and cards long time ago.
A little grocery shopping, baking a bread and later on to day cooking something for dinner.

But the day has only begun( only 9.15 am), the rest of the house is sleeping and I am watchingt the news and listening to the aftermath of Copenhagen climate - 09.
Latest is that Obama chased some top leaders which refused to meet with him, and instead hoocked up with other "bad" guys and made their own climate agreement- sort of.
Won´t mention any names but one of them is a pretty big country too.
I have one thing to say: that each and everyone of us should respect and do our little thing to preserve Mother Earth and her envirement- also the big ones ( even they seem to think that they shouldn`t).
I´ll stop now- just a short complain and conserne on this short day.
Take care out there and don`t kill to get the last gifts home :-0 , there will be someone missing you if you had to bring christmas in jail ;-/


6 comments:

pompa said...

international diplomacy is not always easy, even for Mr President.

Torhild Reidardatter said...

I think Obama did good!!! A shame that we can`t say the same about all of them!! -Sneaking away.......!!!!

Unknown said...

Høres ut som du har hatt en god dag idag. Akkurat ¨nå gidder jeg ikke å reflektere over klimamøtet en gang. Bra at du får folk til å tenke litt på det. klem fra meg.:-)

Torhild Reidardatter said...

jeg blir så forarget på dem som skal foregå med godt eksempel og så jukser og bedrager de bare for å få det som de vil ha det. Men det er kanskje sånn det er ute i politikken. Noen luskebukser!!!! fy føj

Hønehuset said...

Innom for å ønske deg og dine en flott jul!

cici said...

Happy Solstice♥