20 May, 2010

Fog Gloves x 2

I finally finished something!!!
2 pair of Vancouver Fogg Gloves. You might ask why I made 2 pair of exact same pattern and even the same yarn?
Answer is that I was not completly satisfied with the thumb on the first pair. Not how it was made , but where it was.
Pic. below you will see two left hand mittens:
If you look closly you will see that the thum gusset is moved 3 st.
The glove to the right is made as the pattern required, the one to the left is the one I moved the gusset 3 st. towards the palm.
Why I moved the gusset? Well ...............


Pic. 1: Second pair: Pattern is even and stayes on the top of my hand
Pic. 1. the same mitt- close up of thumb
Pic. 3 :First mitt: Here you see why I wanted to move the thumb: The pattern slides towards the thumb and the palm and does not stayes on the middle of the hand. A very little thing but it annoyed the hell out of me and I just HAD to knit a new pair with a slightly "off" gusset / thumb.
Pic 4. Close up of thumb on original pattern .
Result: I love my change AND I love this pattern- the cables are just ...... so symetrich and nice.
Pattern: Vancouver Fog Fingerless Gloves.
Yarn: Sterk from "Du store alpakka a/s.
needles: 3,75 mm.




2 comments:

Felisi said...

Lekre pulsvarmere! Og din plassering av tommelen var mye smartere, det passet bedre med flettemønsteret også.

cici said...

these are gorgeous. and the color is fabulous♥