.......is one of the things I love to do the most.
Seeds, growing , flowering, work out for your body, smelling: there is so much to enjoy about gardening.It gives back all the hard work 10 times of what I put in it.
I have been watching gardening programs on tv lately and I discovered a new one on Swedish tv.
"Traadgårds Fredag" - or"Garden Friday" hosted by Pernilla Månsson Colt, Gustav Mandelmann( he has a wonderful blog about his garden - in swedish) and the chef Tareq Taylor.
I love the 30 min. show of small talk about plants, ideas, recipes and joyfull remarks.
picture kindly borrowed from svt.se

Here is the Sempervivum or "husløg/ tordenløg" in danish. The translation is Houseonion/ thunderonion, and comes from old days where much more of the houses had straw roofs- Planting the Sempervivum on the roof was to destrackt thunder & lightning( not sure if it worked) and therefor the name.
I had Sempervivum for years. It is so thankful and easy to have. Can dry out and perfect for covering the ground on very sunny spots in the garden.
I use it during fall in Pots among fall/ winter plant just to look nice at the doorstep.
This fellow- my Muscari brightens up on my pathio ( in a big blue pot of course)- it has its name because it smells of Muscus.
Knitting:
Finished my second pair of Vancouver Fog Fingerless Gloves.
Adjustments : thumb moved 2 st. to make the pattern fit more in center - This is at least on my hand and to fit my thumb.
1 comment:
Muscari (or blue hyacynth as we call them) are one of my favorites...I have pictures of them peppered through my blog..
Post a Comment