29 May, 2010

Peony & Ants......

Sun at last!
Have been waiting for that sun to come, so that I could enjoy my self at the porch,
Here late afternoon in a chair placed next to my herbs.
Aaaah that smell is wonderfull- I can reach out and touch the leaves with my fingers and get the most wonderful aroma.

I dont have Lilacs in my garden, but the city has alot of treas among the bycycle path, so I stopped on my way home from work and picked a hugh bunch of Lilacs to put in vases at home.
Look how gorgeous they are, and the aroma is early summer smell.
But what is this?
Enjoying my wine I took a closer look at my peony , to check out the many buds that has showed .
And what did I discover? Ugly ants all over them!!!Many questions popped in to my head.
Are ant bad for my peony??
Can they do any damage on the flowers?
I dont want ants crawling all over my peonys!!!
What should I do??? I have ants in my kithcen as well.
Got to get some ant poison on monday!!!
then I remembered soap water is a good way to get rid of lice on leaves, so I mixed up som good soap ( with lemon sent :-) with warm water and sprayed it on.
Now an hour later they are all dead he.he.he....
Well they should know better than crawling on my plants.
A bread came out of the stove as well- it is good with a working at home saturday.
I like that.
Here`s a close up of the Lilacs
I prefer the white and the dark purple best-
Enjoy your saturday and sunday.
What are you doing on a saturday / sunday?
I plan to rearrange my closet tomorrow- cant find a dam thing in there and my summer clothes are in there somewhere :-) I know.
I have some paper work to do as well and I will be knitting .
I am almost there with Mara and a few rows will do the thing.
Will close it tomorrow.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Så nydelig og flotte bilder. Endelig kom varmen. :))

Erin Wallace said...

Ants and peonies go together. I don't know why, but they do. I think the ants are after sugars from the peony. They don't cause any problems and you don't have to worry about them.

xo Erin

Caffeine Girl said...

I love peonies, too. And lilacs. Spring flowers are my favorite.

The bread looks wonderful, but it's already too hot here to bake much!

And I'm going to start Mara one of these days!

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Thank you girls for fine words.
My peony got a second shot of soap water- more ants dead :-)
The lilacs are hanging with their heads today-- they dont last that long in a vase- ( I´d forgot that)

Cybèle said...

I had to laugh at your 'ants are dead now' comment. My peonies are almost over, although even when they're almost over, they're still pretty. Lots of rain here today, which won't have helped!
Tomorrow the five of us are off to Hedingham Castle, where they're holding a jousting tournament. If the weather stays dry, it should be fun!

Røsslyng said...

Maur gjør ingen skade på pionene, men i kjøkkenet er det kanskje verre ;)

Ha en herlig uke!

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

My mom has many lilac bushes on her property in Michigan. I love the smell of lilacs. The bread looks really good. Ha, ha, the ants are dead !!!

Karen said...

Love the lilacs. I can almost smell them. Good for you getting rid of the ants. Peonies do seem to attract them. Ugh! The bread sure looks good, dear Beate!!! XX