18 February, 2011

A resumé of a week.

One week ago I took a quick trip up to Oslo to visit my dearest. More snow and cold and saturday morning had this view: Underneath the fog, there runs the big river Glomma.
But because of the cold air some "steam" left the river and created the fog.
See how tree tops peaks up from the fog. A bit magic.
Beautifull view indeed.

We had a week off from school/ work. Winter break is early in Denmark, but we needed this time off. People being discharged at work hit us all. I am so lucky not to be in that bunch- only because I´m leaving Denmark in 4 months anyway.
My job is from year to year- or like this year: from day to day.
Being a substitute teacher can be very good and can be a drag , thinking of the unsecure income.
I manage, I think : 0
I´ve not been doing much these days. Mostly slept , relaxed & did some housework.
Yesterday I did my hair. Shorter and a new color. With the spring in near future I colored it blonder.
Today I knitted abit on my scharf. It´s growing.
I was lucky today and found Muscari at the florist.
We call them Perlehyacinter / "Beadhyacint" and is THE spring flower.
Also, I bought Ranunculus. White and pale pink :)
I loooooooooove them
I rushed home again from town. It felt good with a bikeride and some fresh air, but even better to be back inside in the warmth.
I wish you all a great friday night.
Happy knitting

4 comments:

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Even though it's cold, your photo of Oslo is beautiful. The scarf is pretty and I love the color. Love the blooms too !

Jenn said...

As always... beautiful photography and beautiful knitting...

Caroline said...

So sad to read about the Danish teachers. Things are really bad here too for many teachers. Lucky for me, I live in a little, oil town, which means that our school is funded partially through taxes on surrounding oil companies. It may be miserable here during the summer, but my job is secure!

Luv the pic of Oslo.

me said...

love your pictures - so glad you were able to visit your sweetie!

Your scarf is so beautiful - what pattern is that? It is so lacy & lovely! Bravo!!!