This is some lang yarn i bought in Lubeck during our weekend stay , new years eve 2010/-11.
On sale I bought these 10 balls of lang yarn in a lovley bluish colour.
During January I sendt some goodies to Glen Rock NJ. To my dear friend Brigitte.
She fancied a hat I had knitted and I sendt some stuff over to her. She also have her birtday late January so things worked out fine.
She wanted to send me some stuff back in favour of what she got and she send among others 3 balls of Lang yarn in a bluish colour.
A couple of nights ago I digged in that goodie bag from Lubeck and pulled out my Lang Yarn.
I then compared it to what Brigitte had sendt me and guess what??:
Yes! you guessed it. The exact same colour and even better: the exact same dyelot too.
How amazing is that. That is true love for yarn and friendship, and it feels like two souls connecting overseas.
I find it unbelieveably touching and this yarn does now call for something special and more than just a ordinary hat or so....
I am thinking of a cowl( I´ve been browsing patterns of cowls for a while) and I have to name it Brigitte or Alsace ( from her homearea in France)
What do you say Brigitte?? Hah??!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment