Two pairs of socks . One should never stay in a cottage without small knitting / crochet projects.
Socks are so handy to bring. Does not fill up your bag. Easy to take out and knit a few rows in a car or on a ferry....
I chose Embossed Leaves socks with Annies wonderful Rosebush sock/lace yarn.
And knitting during days and evenings I soon finished E.L socks and startet a new pair in a Aloe Vera yarn.
Not sure, but seem to remember that it was Regia.
Can not remember dye lot etc.... Label has disapeard in moving mess.
My mom showed me some potholders she made.
I instantly made some for my self.
Like the shape of it- if it works as good pot holders is still to be proven.
If they´re good this is a good project for christmas gifts....
More coasters.
These has this twist and I added the contrast colour to make the swirl more obvious.
Easy and fun to make.
And it has a surten coast & sea feel to it.
I´m on to next project- which I don´t know what it is yet.
I love the hunt for the right pattern for the right yarn.
But I have Nessie in my mind.
4 comments:
I used to make those as potholders all the time, they're nice and quick and if you use a fairly thick cotton, they're good as potholders. I made one recently as a dishcloth too.
Oh- that´s a good idea.dishcloths.
Ohhh! You've been having a productive summer. I have started the embossed leaves pattern several times, but the yarn I used was too thick. Yours look perfect.
I'm going to try your soup recipe too. It sounds delicious.
Your socks are always SO gorgeous. I wish I could knit a sock that actually fit me - I always end up having to give them away!
Post a Comment